These extended educational trips, often to other countries, focus on sites of historical significance to Christians in general and/or Lutherans in particular. Pilgrimages are led by knowledgeable leaders with insight into the both the history and the culture of the land(s) visited.
Join ALOA for an unforgettable 11-day tour of Italy, plus the once-every decade performance of the Passion Play in Oberammergau, Germany. Visit cities and sites of significance to Christians all over the world. You’ll experience:
- Rome – including the Colosseum, the Forum, Vatican City and the catacombs
- Assisi – a beautiful medieval city so important to the early church
- Florence – art-filled cathedrals, Michelangelo’s statue of David and the Uffizi Gallery
- Padua – a restored 14th century chapel, home of Giotto’s frescoes
- Venice – enjoy a walking tour, Byzantine St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doges Palace
- Oberammergau – The villagers of this Bavarian enclave have faithfully performed the Passion Play every decade since 1634
$4,722.00 per person/double occupancy includes round-trip airfare from Tampa, tours & sightseeing, lodging, two meals daily, tickets to the Passion Play and more. A limited number of single rooms are available for an additional $545.00.
Early Bird Savings with an initial deposit of $500!
– Save $150 if payment received by 9/22/18
– Save $100 if payment received by 9/22/19
– See brochure for additional information